All bearings need to demonstrate low friction
with minimum runout or play, quiet running
, low lubricant
requirements, little wear
and a long service life
In addition to this, different industry sectors, operating environments and applications have their own specific requirements. They include:
- Very high or low temperatures and/or differences in temperature
- Speeds/revolutions per minute
- Resistance to dirt
- Aggressive media such as acid and alkaline solutions
- Powdery media such as liquid gas and process dust
- Suitability for food contact
Overview of the main branches of industry for which NSK solutions are available.
Primary industries, e.g. the iron and steel industry, paper and wind energy industries, mining, agriculture and the cement industry.
Processing industries, e.g. the food and beverage industry, the petrochemical industry and vehicle production.
Machine Tool Manufacturing and plant construction, e.g. electric motors, blowers, fans, gears, pumps and compressors.
Consumer goods, e.g. washing machines, drills, dishwashers and computers.