Ball Screws with Nut Cooling
Nut Cooling can simplify ball screw cooling to make machine tools faster and more precise.
Cooling capacity greater or equal to existing hollow-shaft ball screws is achieved. No sliding seals or rotary joints are required.
The dimensions for mounting area are identical for HMD nuts, so the nut cooling can be implemented without changing machine designs.
- Highly effective cooling: Optimised nut cooling mechanism gives cooling capacity ≥ than hollow-shaft ball screws
- Innovative internal design: Preload torque does not increase even if the nut is cooled
- Improved handling: Achieved by simply attaching piping to the outer periphery of the nut flange means no need for sliding seal & rotary joints
- Low cost, compact design and simple cooling mechanism
- Equivalent or better compared to hollow shaft cooling
- Controlling heat by high speed is essential for machine tools requiring accuracy in microns
- Effective cooling of the ball screw, heat transfer to the table is blocked
- Nut cooling can be implemented without changing machine designs for HMD nuts
- For others nut designs please contact NSK engineers who can advise you